- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seed Meal
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar in the raw
- 2 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the chia seed meal and water. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
5. Add the flax meal egg and mix.
6. Add the molasses and mix.
7. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
8. Add the flour mixture from step 3 and mix until incorporated.
9. Stir in chocolate chips.
10. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out cookie dough onto cookie sheets.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.